2010-11-21
Set out to Hengelo
After finished my midterm exams, I could do many things. Replying the letter to me is not most difficult, because I am always talkative. But I have many ideas for little gift in return, therefore I need a day to decide to. And Linda is so sweet to send a card to my Mom as the birthday card in greeting. My Mom appreciated her very much. Moreover I got a pair of Dutch clogs, it looks nice.
We talked about the custom, and this is first time I try to draw our goddess, before I thought it is too hard to draw, I'm afraid of blasphemy against our gods. Also the image I drawed is our biggest goddess, Mazu. We think she is like a mother to guard Taiwan. As for the envelope I chose, I have read the entries our people wrote on blog, and I forgot why I would see the frogs in terms of the Netherlands. But in recent 2 years, I found that I changed to like the frog iamge, perhaps someone sent me a frog as a gift.
Do you notice a brown bear which looks like to see the envelope? That is a little gift I made for Linda. I hope she would like it. Many people ask me what kind of toys I like. In general, as long as the toys, I would like it. And I guess they never thought that our people like to take this kind of small staff out for photograph. It's not expensive but I think that bear is cute and could be with Linda whenever she is down or up.
Temple culture and religion are not easy to explain and introduce for Western, so I will depend your attitude to tell you more or less. Sometimes I also skip that topic, I don't like to offend other's beliefs. But I have heard that Dutch are well-known for open-mind and tolerance. That's why I would like to try my best introducing our custom relatied with religion. Our thought are influenced by Buddhism even the people who has no religious belief. I used to believe Buddhism since I was born, I needed to recite the different kind of Sutras to my Mom, yet since I was 10, I feel that good-heartedness cannot meet with recompense, also bad people don't get the bad rewards in the world. So I told to my Mom that I could not see the retribution on bad people, and why she didn't let me know other religions then choose what I want to believe in. At the beginning, she felt angry. But finally her friend who also believes in Buddhism told her let me experience and choose one. Don't force the children on religion. I think I still experience and understand the different religions.
I guess Linda would receive my letter before next next Monday, I hope the letter would fly faster.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aw thank you Shane! ^-^ You're so creative, and I appreciate it a lot that you spend time and effort in making me such a cute toy!
ReplyDeleteyour welcome, it was nothing but a small staff=D you can give it a name XD
ReplyDeleteI'll call it... Kuma-chan!
ReplyDeleteAdorable! ^-^
haha, I see, the little bear=)
ReplyDelete