2010-11-11
Hello Yokohama City
It's been for a long time to send the letter to Yohohama city, Japan. And after yesterday's exam, now I am not nervous with the next week's midterm exam. So I quickly wrote the letter in reply to my Japanese pen pal, Yiki. I am really sorry that I reply to her late. Anyway, I think the letter would arrive her hand no later than next Monday. Just watch the right stamp, it is a Haiju she loves most.
Because last time I asked her about the 百人一首 (ひゃくにんいっしゅ=Hyakunin Isshu), therefore she introduced to me the form and one of 和歌 (わか=Waka) she loves. This time she replied to me many pages.
I am happy to know the Japanese literature. Yet this semester I don't have much time to read Japanese books. Since now I have too many things to finish, I put Japanese learning in the relative latter order. This time I tried the different background on the envelope. I found I am too stupid to imitate the Van Gogh's painting style. It's hard to use the colored pencils to paint his style. However, trying new thing is also good.
As for another reverse side of the envelope, I want to try our baseball spirit, also I use a pun in chinois. When you hit the ball, everyone would cheer, therefore you also can translate that Taiwan did the good hit. Or you can extend the meaning as "台灣好棒=Taiwan is outstanding."
In addition, this time I also try to use the simple leather wrtiing papers. Also, I know that she loves the Buddha, and then I bought a postcard for her. The postcard's shape is Taiwan's topography.
Soon I will show the relationship between the Netherlands and ancient Taiwan. We used to be called as "Formosa Taiwan," and I really like our ancient map drawn by Dutch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
May I ask: What are Hyakunin Isshu and waka? :P sorry I'm being very curious!
ReplyDeleteDo you like van Gogh?
Waka is a kind of ancient Japanese poem.
ReplyDeleteHyakunin Isshu is an important work for Japanese literature and the literature type is Waka.
Yep, I like van Gogh, actually I have seen many painting works when I was child. But I didn't remember the name of painters or writers. So in recent 4 years I finally knew that van Gogh is from the Netherlands...I am really sorry for that