2010-11-10

Cultural Exchange

I am a kind of person who is curious about everything. After a year, I tried hard to find the common ground and the differences between our people and foreigners.
What if I never knew Arab friends, I don't know how much enthusiastic they are.
As for Japan, I think that most people prefer to see the surface of Japan. However, it is fine. But if you are a Western who speak fluently Japanese, then Japanese will respect you very much. This is true.
Korean make me reflect our people long, still I don't like to buy their staff.
And Thailand and Vietnam, I think I usually tell my friends to treat them well. I am happy that I talk over them.
Especially take our people to compare with them, we are not hospitable at all.
And I really want to redress something for chinois, even I don't love them at all, I must be impartial. There is real gender equality in chine; moreover, their economic structure is no longer communism, but the freest capitalism of economic structure. Besides that, they don't believe Buddhist at all, the temples just to earn the tips from the foreign tourists.
Singapore is small but their people have the courage to change and try to speak Singalish, which is Singapore English. I hope one day I could speak fluently English to communicate with different English accents. And I hope our people could try to speak multi languages. Don't be shy like Japanese.
Malaysia and Indonesia these two countries have been the great Buddhist civilization. I just interest in the Buddhist historical remains in there. Now these two countries have many Muslims. I have thought why Islamic thought just stopped to those two countries but cannot spread to Thailand and Taiwan. About Islamic thought, our people respect different belief, yet we think it's not a religion for us.
The impression of India, I feel contradictory, I just can say that I like their ancient culture.
Next to bound my ship for Europe.
The first stop is the Netherlands. I have told one of Japanese penpal that I think Taiwan can learn from the Dutch example, and she asked me why. Because I found that Dutch are happeir than other West European in average. It is small country yet the people are relatively well-off and happy. I focus on happy index more than others' index.
I admit that I like the spirit of Deutsch, because I know that Japan used to learn from Germany in transition. In addition, I have read many critical articles which mean that Taiwanese are lack of ambition. So I think we need to learn from Germany's spirit. When my friends bias on the American viewpoints, I think of that our elite used to study in Germany and agreed with the spirit of Marxism. However, our people learn from American viewpoints after Marxism has been tainted by Hitler, Lenin and Mao-Tsedong.
France, it's an amazing country. Because I have a cousin had studied in France, in my childhood my Mom paid her money to buy the clothes from France for me. I used to have a stereotype that France is a country of art and fashion. Yet now I have changed a little bit for French. What if one day I want to understand the politics and administration, I think I would stay there for a while.
Poland, I think their boys and girls have the nice looking and figure. I can easily to recognize them from the European. I think most European perhaps think the Asian look same such like Asian think European look almost same.
And then I have many Belgium friends, basically the European friends are friendly and passionate with me, just I have a French friend, her emotions is like the weather in France.
It's a pity that I don't know much more Irish people, but never mind, as long as I visit to Europe, I may know Irish culture and people much more.
Suddenly I found that I type too long entry, I think I need to prepare my midterm exam now.

2 comments:

  1. I must say I deeply respect your point of view on the world and your sympathy, kindness and open heart. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh not at all, I am changeable all the time, and it's great that you don't have any prohibitions, so I can talk with you without scruple. You cannot imagine some people have many prohibitions...You are easy to get along with, hehe

    ReplyDelete