We also have a kind of good gift for parents, that's the red envelope with money, it's more practical than other gifts. And it depends on your economic situation, if you don't have the part time job and still need to take the money from parents, then the amount is NTD 600 (around 15 euro). We like the even number for the happy thing, and the odd number for the sad thing like funeral arrangements. So I put the NTD 1200 (around 30 euro) into the red envelope to my Mom. Because there are three-quarters of my monthly wages in the custody of my Mom per month. We still have a concept of filial piety in Taiwan. So my behavior is also common here.
2010-10-25
Happy Birthday to my Mom
Today is my Mom's birthday, but she doesn't like to eat the cake. She prefers to eat a Taiwanese local meal, vermicelli with pork knuckle. And because today I am very busy, I didn't take the photo for that meal, however, I found the nice photo for vermicelli with pork knuckle, which we call it "dika mi sua" in Taiwanese and "zhu jiao mian sien" in Mandarin Chinese. I will show it in the following photo, then you would know a kind of our local meal. This kind of thin and long noodle means for longevity. That's why our old people prefer to eat it to celebrate on their birthday.
We also have a kind of good gift for parents, that's the red envelope with money, it's more practical than other gifts. And it depends on your economic situation, if you don't have the part time job and still need to take the money from parents, then the amount is NTD 600 (around 15 euro). We like the even number for the happy thing, and the odd number for the sad thing like funeral arrangements. So I put the NTD 1200 (around 30 euro) into the red envelope to my Mom. Because there are three-quarters of my monthly wages in the custody of my Mom per month. We still have a concept of filial piety in Taiwan. So my behavior is also common here.
We also have a kind of good gift for parents, that's the red envelope with money, it's more practical than other gifts. And it depends on your economic situation, if you don't have the part time job and still need to take the money from parents, then the amount is NTD 600 (around 15 euro). We like the even number for the happy thing, and the odd number for the sad thing like funeral arrangements. So I put the NTD 1200 (around 30 euro) into the red envelope to my Mom. Because there are three-quarters of my monthly wages in the custody of my Mom per month. We still have a concept of filial piety in Taiwan. So my behavior is also common here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations with your mothers birthday! :D
ReplyDeleteI hope the both of you had a lovely day!
thanks, every day is lovely day for my Mom and I, haha~ I also hope you have the lovely day always=)
ReplyDelete^_^ Good to hear! It seems you're living such a happy life!! ^-^
ReplyDelete