2010-12-13

To jump or not to jump

Shakespear has said that to be or not to be, and now I want to say,"to jump or not to jump, that is a question."
I have read many blogs from our people, most girls did the great things in New Zealand tour, one of them is to experience the bungy jump. There are many different origins of bungy jumping, including the South Pacific. The legend says that in the village Bunlap a man called Tamalie had a quarrel with his wife and she ran away and climbed a Banyan tree where she wrapped her ankles with liana vines. When Tamalie came up to her, the woman jumped from the tree and so did her husband not knowing what had his wife done. So he died but the woman survived. The men of Bunlap were very impressed by this performance and they began to practise such jumps in case they got in similar situation. This practice transformed into a ritual for rich yam harvest and also for proving manhood.
I am hesitating whether should I try the bungy jump or not. I would like to try it to become an adult as New Zealand's aboriginal tradition. But their bungy just tie on feet not waist. It must be more exciting and scary.

Yet I have seen many Taiwanese girls who are so brave to try it, I am fighting with my heart now.
The Taupo Bungy Jump costs NZ 123 dollars, and then you can get the certificate of courage, also if you buy the combos of jump memory for 3 photos and CD/ROM, you need to add NZ 55 dollars.

2 comments:

  1. pff... Aren't you scared of heights? I wouldn't dare to jump!!

    You're pretty brave! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still not sure, but I think the possible is bigger

    ReplyDelete