I like the bamboo, it gave me the feeling are pure and prinmal, I don't know how to describe how I feel more by English. Perhaps my English is not good to explain Eastern philosophy, there are also the true significance can not be expressed. However, I like the staff made of bamboo or wood, I hope I can do this kind of handicrafts by myself one day.I don't know why I love drawing buildings as my home since I was 4, maybe I lack a sense of security, then I wanted to build a firm home which belong me, and then I need decorations for house, therefore I noticed the woodmade and bamboomade. In my elementary school I like to do some strange arts and crafts, and I like to have a special device, like gadgets that combine the arts of science.
As I grew older, I cannot spend too much time on such kind of thing, until last year I got relaxed from my life. I thought perhaps I started to know the meaning of life. During in the past, I wanted to learn how to earn more. I ignored a lot of the so-called little things in life, even though I became a slave of time. Money can not buy time, health and happiness. If I were from another angle to think about, I can still return to what I want, but I can enjoy my life.
And now I will share the pictures I catched by this bamboo exhibition.
About the creatorName: Chen Tshun-ming (陳春明)
Born in 1941
Mr. Chen learned crafts from his father which made a good foundation for his craftsmanship. Through constant learning and self-teaching, he turned to focusing his interest in bamboo carving. Trial and error improved and refined his carving skill. As a result he has made a wonderful breakthrough in overcoming the demanding restrictions of special characteristic of bamboo material. Thence we see him manipulate his carving knives with exquisite freedom and skill.












No comments:
Post a Comment