
This crab looks like strawberry crab, and this undated image released from the National Taiwan Ocean University, a new species of crab (Neoliomera Pubescens) is displayed. A marine biologist said he has discovered a new crab species off the coast of southern Taiwan that looks like a strawberry with small white bumps on its red shell.National Taiwan Ocean University professor Ho Ping-ho says the crab resembles the species living in the areas around Hawaii, Polynesia and Mauritius. But it has a distinctive clam-shaped shell about 1 inch (2.5 centimeters) wide, making it distinct.
Taiwanese crab specialist Wang Chia-hsiang confirmed Ho's finding. Ho said Tuesday his team found two female crabs of the new species last June off the coast of Kenting National Park, known for its rich marine life. The crabs died shortly thereafter, possibly because the water in the area was polluted by a cargo ship that ran aground.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I felt this species crab are really cute, and next envelope I can consider to draw it to be the symbol of Taiwan, haha
In my childhood I have been to the river and found the two crabs, then I took them back to raise, but they died after several days. =(
In my childhood I have been to the river and found the two crabs, then I took them back to raise, but they died after several days. =(
I was not a cruel person, I did feed them fish, but they didn't eat anymore, then I don't know how to buy the food for them. :(
Until now I know the food for them... but it's too late, so stupid was I.
Fortunately, Taiwan has no polar bear, or I may also bring home to keep it dead...
No comments:
Post a Comment