Lantern Festival is in the middle of January in Lunar calendary. When it comes to lantern festival, it can be said to the honor of my city, because we are the first city to focus on this festival since 2001.
Actually this festival came from anceint China, and as long as the holiday we know, then we will want to celebrate it, that's why christmas and Western new year are very popular in Taiwan. Even the Halloween is a welcome holiday in Taiwan.
According to my childhood memory, I can have long winter vacation from lunar new year's eve until lantern festival, in addition I could buy a lot of food, new toys, new staffs and clothes, and then I could buy a new hand lantern to go out during this period. To the children, they will think hand lantern is a toy to play. But it can not give more strong festive atmosphere in it.
The lucky thing is that we changed it, because our people love to watch the fireworks show with music, and our another feature is that there are many singers to held the concers, then our former mayor held it for expansion.
Anyway, every year my city prepare better and abundant than before, even we influenced other cities, their mayors in order to gain the citizens favor, therefore every city start competing. I believe this is healthy competition.
And because this year is the year of tiger, then you will watch a lot of tigers lanterns.
The guide is very thorough and plentiful!
ReplyDelete@ thank you! I hope every one will like it too.
ReplyDelete