2010-06-20

R10-O5-The Dome of Light

After the bored Saturday, today I went to the Formosa Boulevard. Because I wanted to buy a birthday gift for my friend, then I thought of the sock doll which made of socks. I will take the photo for sock doll soon after I introduce the Formosa Boulevard Station.
Formosa Boulevard Station is the station of KRTC rapid transit system in Kaohsiung. And it is a transfer station between Red line 10 and Orange line 5. Its dome specialty is "The Dome of Light", it was made by Maestro Narcissus Quagliata─ national treasure of Italian masters. He created amazing works in architectural glass art. Before that, he went to Kaohsiung and observed the city and people many times, and he decided to use this dome to tell a story of Kaoh-siung city. Dome light has the four major themes─ water, wood in soil, light and fire.
(1) Water:
a. meaning: the birth and joy.
b. stars: the moon.
(2) Wood:
a. implications: growth and symbiosis.
b. stars: the earth.
(3)light:
a. meaning: hard work and achievements.
b. stars: the sun.
(4) Fire:
a. implications: the destruction of reflection and rebirth.
b. stars: solar eclipse.

Column:
(1) Blue cylinder:
This means that bred sea life, the birth of life, full of joy.
(2) Red cylinder:
This is a symbol of blood-like eruption, awareness of environmental protection, and people's enthusiasm.

Oh he is balck bear(不雷克), and we said in same pronunciation but a similiar Japanese accent, haha~ Anyway he is cute, actually there are 1 pair of bears not only a black but also a white bear (壞特).
Haiz, I also want to support the KRT, but I used to ride my scooter─ red. Otherwise I really wanted to buy a KRT card which has "white&black bear".

Later I saw some children for Local Culture talent show.



I never noticed for Indonesia people moving in my city until today.

This is the combination of chinese and Western instrument, also our folk melody.

No comments:

Post a Comment