
Even I am busy this week, but I hope that I reply faster to Asma, because after final exam I will go abroad to New Zealand. So I think it's good that her letter arrived to my hand before 15th. The first photo is the letter from Algeria. Thanks for the postcard.
And tonight I replied more pages than before, because I mentioned to the new year topic and replied to her the parties in Taiwan.

As everyone knows that Asian has Lunar New Year, and I will show something to explain why we have weak atmosphere in lunar new year. In Japan, they must write the new year postcards before 25th December and send them. Basically they would write more than 100 postcards. And in Western, I also think it's common to send the Christmas cards. As for Asia would like to give the red envelopes with lucky money. But in Taiwan, we think the little money is dowdy, so mostly we dislike to give the red envelopes with one dollar whatever you see on Lunar New Year that day. In addition, since I knew that Hong Kong people don't mind whether the lucky money inside the red envelopes or not, they are still happy to give the red envelopes each other on new year vacation. And chine people usuaully get the red envelope with 1 RMB or 10 RMB(around 1.1 Euro), they are still happy. But why our people think the little money is nothing because of our national personality to keep on the face-saving and the number meanings. In this way, we prefer to give the 600 NTD, 800 NTD then skip to 1200 NTD(around 30 Euro) . Don't give the number which contains 4 and the cardinal number, because it's for funeral affairs. Moreover, we think we need to be filial for elders, so what if you give the red envelopes for parents or grandparents, mostly the number is 12,000 NTD and 20,000 NTD. We think those are auspicious number, others are bad omen. That's why the lunar new year some poor would be worry the economic situation. So we don't have the tradition to exchange the red envelope, that's for merchants and politician. Furthermore, in the past Asian need to wait for lunar new year to buy new clothes or goods, and the long distances to see other relatives; however, Taiwanese don't need to wait for that day to buy, in addition it's not far to see other relatives, so this festival has lost original meanings.

And that is the 1 New Taiwan Dollar inside the red card. 1 NTD is the only exception, because it involves into a phrase which stands for all things of the universe renew on unitary compound beginning. I never made the lunar new year card before, yet I think it's good to introduce our new year and culture for foreigners.

Last, the rabbit with calligraphy on the red card is a phrase which combines the pun in Taiwan. It means to show the capalities for great plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment