

Today is the gril's day, and it also call "the Japanese doll festival". This festival was originally in the March 3 lunar calendar, but it changed to be held in March 3 in the Western calendar after the Meiji Restoration.
Parents set ladder-like display units for their daughter, from top to bottom, placing the doll wearing a Japanese kimono, which is called Hina Ningyo dolls in Japan.


Generally divided into seven classes put Ningyo, namely:
The first stage is a pair of the Emperor and Empress dolls.
The second stage is a three maids of honor, holding wine, glasses and wine pot.
The third stage is a five-man band playing music.
The fourth stage is the followers, which are ministers and looks like a young and a elder.
The fifth stage is the three servants.
The sixth stage is usually placed some small dowry furniture.
The seventh stage is the ox cart, cage, chair, etc.


I also want to have their Hina Ningyo dolls. It is really cute but expensive. I think today I will eat Sushi and clam soup.
桃の節句おめでとう! Happy girl's day!
No comments:
Post a Comment